• Date
    Although the founding date of the district is not known, it is understood from the historical monuments that it was inhabited by the Romans. While Ahırlı District was a town of Bozkir, it became a district in 1991. In the past, shops of leather, nuts, shoemakers and butchery had crucial roles in economy, but due to immigration, such crafts were lost and the public generally turned to agriculture and small animal husbandry. As for agricultural products; wheat, barley, chickpeas, pears, and apples are the main products. Dipsiz Göl, which is a crater lake in the south-east of Ahırlı, can be considered as a tourist attraction.
  • Date
    Its distance to Çatalhüyük which is the oldest city of Anatolia is 49 km. It is noted that, it is called "Avren" meaning "Av vuran" ile "Av veren" veya "Ağaç evreni" as this place is covered with dense forests and there are a lot of game animals. It was renamed to “Akviran” by the gathering of people in here from 7 villages around. After the Republican period, in 1961, the Ministry of Interior changed its name to Akviran and it was officially registered as "Akören". On August 4, 1914, Akören became a burg and a municipal organization was established on the same date. With the law dated 19.06.1987 and numbered 3392, it got the status of district together with its 8 villages. Later, with the decision of Council of Ministers dated 20.06.1991 and numbered 91-38043, it had 11 villages with the addition of Avdan, Dutlu and Belkuyu, which were separated from the Bozkir District. Located in the southernmost part of the Central Anatolian Region, Akören is bordered on the north by Konya and Abaz Mountains, Bozkir on the south and Seydisehir on the west. It has within its boundaries the May Dam (7.8 km2) and Akören and May Ponds.
  • Date
    The date of establishment of the district as a settlement unit is not certain. It has a long history as old as Anatolia. The Hittites (B.C.1800-1200), the peoples of Phrygia, Lydia, Rome and the Byzantine settled here, in 1447, it was conquered by the Ottomans. In 1868 it became a district and in 1854 a municipality. Akşehir has an important place in the National Liberation War. On November 18, 1921, Headquarters of Western Front was transferred to Akşehir, preparatory work of 9,5 months were carried out here. The building where the preparatory works were done and which Atatürk used himself is still used as the Atatürk Museum. The Great Offensive, which started on August 26, 1922, ended on August 30 with Turkish victory. Today’s museum was used between 1905 and 1906, as the municipal building and later it was used as the Headquarters of the Western Front between November 22, 1921 and August 24, 1922. The repaired lower floor constructed in 1975 was opened for visits. Thus ethnographic works (goods used by Atatürk) are displayed on the first floor; while the upper floor is the Western Front headquarters (the study rooms of Atatürk, Ismet Pasha, Asım Gündüz and their assistants). Akşehir is known in the whole world with Nasreddin Hodja. International and national celebrations and festivals are held to celebrate the memory of famous thinker and humorist Nasreddin Hodja who lived in Aksehir until 1284. The district is located on a flat plain on the outskirts of the Sultan Mountains in the west. It is bordered by Tuzlukçu to the north, Ilgin districts to the east, and Isparta to the south. Akşehir Lake is in the north of the province. Along with the continental climate in general, there are influences of Western Anatolian climate. The building in which the preparations for the War of Independence were made and Atatürk worked is still used as a museum in Akşehir. In the district there are monuments of the tomb of Nasreddin Hodja, Taş Medrese, and some other monuments of Seljuk period.
  • Date
    The history of the Altınekin District dates back to ancient times. The district was an important commercial center during the Seljuk period. But its infertile lands led to the decline of its developed trade after the start of emigrations. In the Republican period, while it was generally a developed center having all the public institutions, these institutions were transferred to other places, which turned it into a small town. While Altınekin was a town, it became a district with Law No. 3292 published on Official Gazette numbered 19507, dated 4 July 1988.
  • Date
    The history of Beysehir dates back to 6000-7000 BC, Neolithic Period. The Hittites between 2000 BC; the people of Eflatun Pınar and Fasıllar have also left monuments. In these years, the area was occasionally invaded by the Egyptian and Assyrian states. The district was annexed to Phrygia around 1200 BC, later an independent state called Psinya was established here. It was controlled in 7th century B.C by Lydians, then by Persians, Alexander the Great in 333, by the Romans in 120 BC, and then by the Eastern Rome (Byzantium). After the 1071 Malazgirt Campaign, Beyşehir, was administered by the Seljuk Turks and it was a very important city under the rule of the Anatolian Seljuks. Alaaddin Keykubat founded the Kubad-abad City in the "Eyrinaz Gezisi" (now Gölyaka town) and made it his second capital. Following the invasion of Anatolia by Mongols in 1243, Eşrefoğlu Seyfettin Süleyman Bey founded the city of Suleymaniye (Beysehir), proclaimed its independence from here and brought the Esrefoğlu Principality to the existence. It had 65 towns, 70,000 cavalry and many villages. Çobanoglu Demirbaş from the Ilhanlı Commanders destroyed Eşrefoğlu Principality in 1326. After this, Beyşehir, was controlled by Hamitoğulları, then it changed hands between the Ottomans and Karamanids between 1374 and 1467 for 20 times. In 1467, Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror definitely conquered Beyşehir and made it a sanjak of Karaman Eyalet within the Ottoman State. Finally, in 1872, its status of Şehiremini was changed into a municipality. Beyşehir District is located in the Region of Lakes in the Mediterranean part of Konya Province and behind the Central Taurus Mountains. The district is bordered by Konya city center and Seydisehir District to the east, by Şarkikaraağaç, Eğirdir, Sütçüler districts to the west, by Ilgın, Doğanhisar and Hüyük districts to the north and by Seydisehir district to the south. It is separated from the Mediterranean, which is 65 km away in the southernmost point, by Taurus Mountains which rise like a wall. Beyşehir is a closed basin surrounded by the Toros Ridge Mountains to the south and west, Erenler to the east, and the Sultan Mountains to the north. Beyşehir Lake, which is 651 km2 and in the middle of this basin, gives a special feature to it. The southern and western Taurus Mountains stretch like a fan under various names. The hills of Kartos, Dedegöl, Dumanli and Naldoken are the main ones. The highest point is Dippoyraz Hill, 2890 m., on the Anamas mountains. The region is influenced in terms of climate by the lake in the region, as one moves away from the lake, climate conditions of Central Anatolia are felt more. The area around lake is forestry with pine, cedar, juniper, fir and oak trees. The climate of the district is between the Mediterranean and Central Anatolia climates, the summers are short, arid and cool, and the winters are cold.
  • Date
    The Bozkir was in the Isaura Region in ancient times. The city bearing the name of the region is the present Bozkir District. Later on, the great castle built in the northeast of the district was named Isaura Nova (New Isaura), the city was called first Lentopolis and then Tris-Maden. Until recently, the people called the town the Siristat. Although it is not known how it is correctly pronounced, it is believed that this word comes from the "Ser-Üstat" which means head master who works in the lead mines around the district. It is known that the district is named after Bozkir Bey who controlled the region during the Seljuk period and conquered Bozkir. There is no information about Bozkir Bey's life. It is understood that he lived with Turkish tribes in the district called "Yazı Kolu" and in the low-rough country between the nearby villages and Suğla Lake and the area was named after him. In the Ottoman tax book, the Bozkir meant the western part of the above mentioned region and some of its northern and southern parts. In the neighboring areas of Çumra, Karaman and Hadim, there was a district called Belviran in the 15-18th centuries. The people currently call this region "Dağ kolu ". The district is bordered by Çumra and Akören to the north, Hadim and Antalya to the south, Güneysınır to the east, Antalya and Ahırlı to the west. Suğla Lake is in the western part of the district. The lake lands within the boundaries of Ahırlı and Yalıhüyük is 61,100 acres. The lake lands have the function of drainage for the Beysehir Lake. The lake is fed with strong rains descending from the Taurus Mountains in the south. In the years when rainfall is low, lake water is drawn and the lake is cultivated.
  • Date
    Cihanbeyli's history is as old as Konya’s. There are no natural boundaries separating Konya from Cihanbeyli. Cihanbeyli was first called Esbikeşan. Later, it was named "Inevi" for long. Esbikeşan District has changed from the status of district to burgh, and from burgh to district many times. Cambegli Tribe settled in Böğrudelik Village. Büğrüdelik became the district center in 1928. Cihanbeyli was also made a part of this district by being renamed "Murseli Efendi" town. In 1929, the status of district was removed from Böğrüdelik and Murseli Efendi town became a district. In accordance with the name of Cambeyli Tribe in Böğrüdelik, the name Mürseli Efendi is converted into Cihanbeyli. Cihanbeyli falls to the middle parts of Central Anatolia Region. It is 100 km away from the north of Konya Province, and in the west of the Tuz (Salt) Lake. Cihanbeyli is the continuation of the Konya plain extending to the north. The lands of the district show wide plateau characteristics. Plian-plateau characteristics stretch towards Ankara, including the neighboring Kulu District. Its important hill is Bozdağ in the south. The altitude is 1150 m. It is bordered to the east by Tuz Lake and Aksaray, to the west Sarayönü and Yunak Provinces, to the south Altınekin District, to the north Kulu and Haymana districts. The only river in the district is İnsuyu Waterstream. Tersishan (Tersakan), Süt Lake, Acı Lake and Adil Lake are the main lakes.
  • Date
    The district dates back to the 11th and 12th centuries. According to İbrahim Hakkı Konyalı's book named "Konya Tarihi” (History of Konya) the history of Çeltik dates back to the city of Akça, once a part of Karaman Eyalet. The city of Akça, which was founded in the place called İbanın Kuyusu near Çeltik, became a district in 1902, but because of its many marshes and mosquitoes, the status of district was transferred to Hatirli first, then to Cihanbeyli. Çeltik remained as a village until 1958 when it won the status of burgh and then, 10 years later, it became a town. It became a district with the Law No. 3644 dated May 9, 1990 titled "Law on Establishment 130 Districts". Çeltik located in the north west of Konya is bordered by Polatli to the east, Emirdağ to the west, Yunak to the south and Sivrihisar to the north.
  • Date
    Çumra was founded in 1926. In 1936, immigrants from Romania and Bulgaria were settled in the district. It is bordered by Karaman province to the east, Akören district to the west, Karatay, Karapınar districts to the north, and Güneysınır district to the south. The district is founded on a plain. However, very few villages are mountainous. There are forestry between Apa village and Dinek towns. The province is covered with fertile agricultural lands in the north, south and east. The only river in the district is Çarşamba Stream and it is used for irrigation. Çatalhöyük: Seven-story city ruins belonging to the Neolithic Period were found in excavations made by British and Turkish Archeology teams at Çatakhüyük location, 13 km north of Çumra. It is understood that the civilization belonging to the Neolithic Revolution began here around 5000 BC. Excavation stopped for a while and started again in 1993 and is still going on every year from July to September. Karaman Bridge: It was built under the Karamanids and is on the road between center of Çumra and the industrial area. Esat Pasha Mosque: It is a historical mosque built by Karamanids in İçeri Çumra district. In 1989, it was renovated by İçeri Çumra Municipality and it is open for prayers.
  • Date
    According to Ottoman documents of 18th century, Derbent's former name is Tatlarhisarı. Tatlarhisarı is a small village in the north of Derbent. In Konya chronicles, Derbent is registered from 1880 on. It is registered that Derbent had a madrasah and that the madrasah had 40 students. The majority of the people residing in Derbent are the extension of Tatlarhisarı Village. In 1720 62 households were settled around Derbent. It has not been known how many of these 62 housholdss were located in the vicinity of Derbent. New settlements: Kara-Halilu, Çavuşdurlu and Bekirli communities (tribes) from Boz-Ulus Turkmens were settled here. Derbent became a town in 1930 and a district in 1990. Approximately 10 km2 of its surface area can be irrigated, and it has a total of 156 km2 of agricultural land. The remaining land is for settlements, forests and pastures. The Derbent is surrounded by the Morbel Mountains extending from the north to the east, Aladağ extending from the south to the south, Ablağı and Dikmen Mountains to the south, and the plateaus to west and north.
  • Date
    Doganhisar was founded around 500 BC as Metyos (Meteos). In 395 AD, the Byzantine Empire occupied it, and in 704-708, it was attacked by Umayyad and Abbasid armies. The grave of Seyit Ahmet, who became a martyr in these wars, is located in Kızılışık. During the spread of the Seljuks following the Battle of Malazgirt in 1071, Doganhisar passed to Turkish rule in 1100. The name of the city was changed to "Doğankalesi" in reference to the falcon, the emblem of the Seljuks. Then it was named Doganhisar. Doğanhisar passed to the Karamanid control in 1298, and in 1473 during the reign of Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror, Karamanid reign was abolished and it joined the Ottoman Empire. In the Republican period, it became a district center in 1957. The district center is located on the skirts of the Sultan Mountains facing north east. It is 122 km in the west of Konya. The district is surrounded by Ilgın District in the east, Hüyük District in the south, Isparta Province in the west, Akşehir District in the north west and Ilgın Argıthani town in the north.
  • Date
    The foundation of the district dates back to around 13-14th centuries. It was once a part of districts of Antalya and Akseki, then it separated from Akseki in 1900 and became a part of Seydisehir. In 1967, municipal organization was established and it became a part of Beyşehir. It was made a district with the "Law on the Establishment of 103 Districts" which was accepted in 1987 and in reality it became a district in August 1998. Derebucak which is located 140 km to the west of centre of Konya is one of the most attractive districts of Konya with its plateaus, hills and caves in the Taurus Mountains. The means of living in Derebucak, which has 4 towns and 4 villages, is carpet weaving, production of hunting rifles and livestock husbandry, but its dwellers began to go abroad as workers in 1968. Co-operativism as a result of worker emigration to European countries has become widespread. Nowadays, 15.000 hectares of land can be cultivated, while ​​2.500-3000 acres of its area forms irrigable lands. There are no industrial facilities in Derebucak where potatoes, tomatoes, beans, corns, onions, chickpeas, wheat and barley are cultivated. Among the interesting centers in the center of Derebucak are the Balat Cave in the center of Derebucak and the Suludere and Körikini Caves in Çamlık Town. The Hittite relief in Taşpınar Village confirms that the first settlement in the region extends to the Hittite period.
  • Date
    It is understood from the tablets found in excavations made in the eski Kışla (Dikilitaş-Yukarıkışla) and Arısama (Belkaya) that the history of Emirgazi dates back to Hittites. The Romans and Byzantines benefited from the Kale and Yeraltı city located in the settlement called Eski Kışla left from the Hittites. According to some sources, the people in this settlement and the Bağlıca village settled some five centuries ago in the mountains, some in the Kale in Arisama, and some in the present Emirgazi. The mountain, which is called "Kötü Mountain" and is located about 2 km north of the county, has a castle on it, and based on the illegal excavations made in old times in the castle and surrounding settlements, it is understood that the Hittite, Phrygian, Roman and Byzantine civilizations lived here before. The district is named after the tomb of “Emrullah Gazi” 2 km to the south. The district of Emirgazi is 140 km from the city center. To the east is Niğde Province, to the south is Ereğli District, to the west is Karapınar District and to the north is Aksaray Province. Emirgazi district receives the least rainfall in ​​Central Anatolia. It also does not have any overland water source such as a river or a pond. The land is sometimes rough in some parts, but it is generally made up of plains and steppes. The only forest of ​​the county is the mezzanine in Karacadağ on the southern lands.
  • Date
    Ereğli is used as the name of 15 different settlements in our country. One of the most well-known of these is Konya Ereğli. Tuvana, Tihana, Tuvanuva were also other names of the locality where the Ereğli district, which is also known as Kibistra, Cybistra, Kybetra, was established. Ereğli, which was controlled by Hittite, Assyria, Ancient Greece, Persia, Macedonia, Rome and Byzantine states, enjoyed along peace under Seljuk Turks, and was used as a resort in the Karamanid period. The definite Ottoman rule in Ereğli, which was annexed to the Ottoman State during the Yıldırım Beyazıt era, was during the reign of Mehmet the Conqueror. While Eregli's northern parts are plain; the south is quite rough. The terrain begins in the north from the foothills of the Taurus mountains and the altitude gradually decreases and gives way to the Konya plain. Apart from the Toros Mountains 20 km south of the district center, it is surrounded by the extinct volcanoes Hasan Dağı (3258 m) and northwest Karacadağ. The most important river is the Ivriz Stream. The Ivriz Stream, which provides irrigation of the agricultural areas in Ereğli with the Ivriz dam built on it, also meets the drinking water need of Ereğli.
  • Date
    Known as "Güdelesin" among the local people, Güneysınır has a lot of pottery and utensils made from the soil and metal, which proves that Güneysınır and its surroundings have been used for settlement since prehistoric times. The district, which was once a part of Bozkır, was transformed into Karasınır and Güneybağ (Elmasun) towns belonging to Çumra in 1955. Two towns merged on May 9, 1990 to form Güneysınır District and Güneybağ and Karasınır formed two quarters of the district. A large part of the Güneysınır District, located 70 km south of Konya, is mountainous. It is possible to mention the moderate effects of the Mediterranean climate, while continental climate is dominant in the district. It snows in winter while it rains in spring and autumn. In this region where the usual flora is steppe, there appear wooded areas consisting of juniper, oak and pine as altitude increases. The forested lands are about 13,000 hectares. The Göksu stream flowing between the Taurus mountains forms the boundary between this district and Hadim district. Kızılöz and Aydoğmuş ponds are the main water resources.
  • Date
    Hadim is a district established on the narrow valleys between the hills of Taşeli Plateau in the eastern part of the Western Taurus mountain range, which separates the Mediterranean coastline from the Konya plain. The history of the district center dates back to ancient times. There are many settlements around it remaining from the Byzantine and Roman periods. After the Battle of Malazgirt in 1071, a tribe headed by Kara Hadji Mustafa Efendi spread to Anatolia and settled in Hadim. During the cultural Turkification of Anatolia, the district was a productive place for religious scholars and it was called "Belde-i Hadimül-ilm" (The land of servants of knowledge). It is located in the Mediterranean region in terms of climate. It is 128 km to Konya city center. In the vicinity of Gevne, which is bordered with Alanya district, Aktepe (Geyi Dağları) is 2588 m high and is the highest point of the district.
  • Date
    Halkapınar is one of the oldest settlements in Anatolia. The Kingdom of Tuvana from the Hittite city states, between 1200 and 700 BC dominated Halkapınar from its capital Aydınkent. From this kingdom, the Ivriz Rock Relief of King Warpalavas, which is located in the village of Aydinkent, has reached the present day. Halkapınar, which was ruled by Assyria, was annexed to the Romans in 64 BC, then to Byzantine Empire after the divison. The Abbasid Empire, which advanced up to the Taurus through Adana and Tarsus, defeated Byzantine in the Yarmouk war and agreed with them that the income of Halkapınar and Ereğli would be paid as tax. Halkapınar, which passed under Byzantine control upon the weakening of the Abbasids, was annexed to the Seljuks in 1077 by Kutalmışoğlu Süleyman Shah. In 1276 Karamanoğlu Mehmet Bey conquered Halkapınar, in 1468 during the reign of Fatih Sultan Mehmet Eregli was added into the Ottoman borders. Halkapınar, which was a demilitarized zone during the Ottoman period, was ruled by Darüssaade Ağa, who lived in Istanbul. After the War of Independence Halkapınar became a burgh of the Ereğli district and the municipality organization was established in 1954. The former name, Zanapa, was changed to Halkapınar in 1962. The İvriz Rock relief in the village of Aydınkent of Halkapınar is one of the oldest agricultural monuments of the world. The historical feature of the monument, combined with the natural beauty of its surroundings, makes Aydınkent village a frequented place for many local and foreign tourists.
  • Date
    The history of Hüyük starts with the Hittites in 2000 BC. The most important monument from this period is the Monument of Eflatun Pınarı. Hüyük, occupied by Assyria, Phrygia, Lydia, Persia, Alexander the Great and the Romans, is one of the rare cities where many civilizations blend together. The fact that the capital of the Anatolian Seljuk State was located in Konya and its summer capital was the Kubad-Abat on the western coast of the Beyşehir Lake is one of the reasons that increase the importance of this region. In 1243 Ilkhanid armies under the command of Çobanoglu Demirtaş destroyed many cities in Anatolia. Mevlana, who resided in Konya in order to evade the resulting damage, requested that his students hide in safe locations. It is highly probable that Sheikh Idris and Sheikh Bahri, who were known as the founders of Hüyük and have their tombs in Hüyük, escaped from the Mongol tyranny and settled in Hüyük. After the Anatolian Seljuks, Hüyük was first annexed to Eşrefoğulları and then Hamitoğulları. It changed hands between Karamanids and Ottomans twenty times. As can be understood from the chronicle that Katip Chalabi mentioned in his book Cihannüma, Hüyük was among the villages of Kıreli Liva, which was a part of Beyşehir Sandjak after 1467.
  • Date
    It was founded 3500 years ago by the Hittites as a big city state named "Yalburt" in 25 km north of its present location between 2500 and 1200 BC. It is an important city because it is located on the Ilgın King’s Road which was named Triatum in classical periods. Ilgın and its vicinity, which were located on the King's Road starting from Lydia’s capital Sard and reaching Mesopotomia, were annexed respectively by Hittite, Phrygia, Lydia, Rome and Byzantine, then it was invaded by Kutalmışoğlu Süleyman Shah, the founder of Anatolian Seljuk State in 1077 and annexed to the Great Seljuk State. Ilgın was a valued "water city" of Konya, the capital of the Anatolian Seljuks. Ilgın, which was plundered many times during the Crusades, was repaired especially under the Seljuks, in particular by Alaaddin Keykubat and Gıyasettin Keyhusrev. Alaaddin Keykubat and Vizier Sahip Ata built a large hot spring complex (hammam). Therefore, it is known as the "City of Hot Springs." Ilgin, which was given as fief by Aladin Keykubat in 1227 to Mengücekoğlu Davut Shah -who submitted Erzincan to him and presented his aids- was later controlled by Seljuk Vizier Ata Fahrettin and his sons. The Seljuk Vizier Sadettin Köpek’s tomb is located in the district. Upon the death of the last Sultan of the Anatolian Seljuk State in Kayseri in 1308, Anatolia was governed by the governors sent by the Ilkhanid State, a branch of the Mongols and dominated Iraq. Ilgin was later controlled by Eşrefoğulları who ruled the vicinity of Beyşehir. Upon the invasion of Eşrefoğulları by Ilhanids, the district fell under the control of Hamitoğulları, the rulers of Isparta, in 1307. In 1381, Hamitoğlu Hüseyin Bey sold the district to the Ottoman sultan, Murat I.
  • Date
    The district, in the classical period, was named Pira and it was controlled for long by the Eastern Roman Empire. The district which won the original fame during the Seljuk period began to form after 1256 around a winter inn which was built in 1223 by Mahmut’s daughter Raziye Hatun who is thought to be a member of the Seljuk court. In the construction of the inn, the headstones with pictures belonging to Romans were used, but it is not understood where these stones were collected. The district is named after this inn. It is known that this area was given as an arpalik (allowance) to a Pasha named Sait from the Seljuks Beys and it was later on known as "Saiteli". The district was administered as a provincial center during the Karamanid period and joined with its forces in the Karamanid-Ottoman struggles. Kadınhanı was at times controlled by the Ottomans and once again fell under Seljuk rule. Finally, in 1467, it was taken from the Karamanids with Konya and joined the Ottoman Empire. There are no historical monuments in the district except for remains of a castle in Beykavağı Village and historical remains which belonged to Romans and were excavated in Demiroluk village. In 1880, the municipal organization was established and in 1919 it was made a districy with the name "Saiful" as it was Sait Pasha’s arpalik. In 1935, the name was changed to "Kadınhanı" because of the stone inn which was built by Raziye Hatun. Kadinhani is located on the Konya-Afyon highway and west of Konya. It is surrounded by Sarayönü district to the east, Selçuklu and Derbent to the south, Ilgin and Yunak to the west, and Yunak to the north. The south of the province is mountainous (Sultandagları), the north is plains. Within the boundaries of the district, there are two on-ground water streams named 5-göz, with its spring in Sarayönü and which is used for irrigation. In addition, the water coming through the channels from Çavuşcu Lake in Ilgin irrigates the Atlantı Plain.
  • Date
    The first settlements in Karapınar, which is on an important road linking Anatolia to the Middle East, date back to the Hittites. In 1500, Jalali and Levent (Çiftbozan) revolts reached Karapinar, which was named by the Ottoman Empire as "Sultaniye". The people who were disturbed by the bandits left their homes and withdrew to Karacadağ. The distressful days lasted for 14 years;t he people of Karapınarılar who submitted their complaints to Yavuz Sultan Selim on his way to Çaldıran asked for his help. The Sultan wanted to establish a "Derbentçi Köyü (Frontier Village)" for peace and trust in the region. This important city, which was established on a very hard to pass location, was repaired in the reign of Selim II. Architect Halepli Cemaleddin built a mosque, a caravanserai, a han (inn), a hammam, a bedesten with 39 stores, 2 windmills and 5 fountains. Karapınar became a district in 1868, and in 1882 a municipal organization was established. The name Sultan was changed to Karapınar in 1934. The district is covered with clay, sandy wide soils. Karacadağ, a volcanic mountain in the south-east, and large steppes and crater lakes in the southwest are plentiful. There are crater lakes with picturesque views such as Acıgöl, Meke, Meyil, Cıralı and Obruk. The district is one of the places where historical and touristic monuments are abundant. These are Sultan Selim (Yellow Selim) Complex, Yağmapınar Mosque, Reşadiye Mosque. The underground cities and caves in Karapınar are: Cave of Bacanak plain, Arabic Bath on the Kumsivri Hill, Meke caves, Meke Tuzlası cave, Apak caves, Yazomca caves, Çıralıgölü underground cities, Bağdaylı village caves, caves and underground cities in Kayalı town, Akören village caves and underground cities. There are Valide Sultan Bath, Çarşı Fountain, Selimiye Fountain, Koca Çeşme (Taşçeşme), Tree Fountain (Çetmi Fountain) Apak Fountain, Haci Isa Fountain and Hankapı Fountain in the district. In the district there are also lakes of Meyil, Çıralı, Acıgöl and Meke Tuzlası.
  • Date
    Although the establishment of the district is after Konya was made a metropolis, it is one of the oldest districts in terms of historical and social structure. The establishment of the district dates back to prehistoric period. Historical settlements show the characteristics of the Seljuk, Karamanid and Ottoman periods. The Karatay Madrassah, Şerafettin Mosque and the inns and caravanserais located on the itinerary show this feature. Especially Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi, who provides Konya with the privilege of being called “the land of scholars” and keeps tourism alive in all seasons, offers a totally different identity and image to the city. The land structure is generally flat and plain. The highest place is "Bozdağ" on Aksaray road. The Obruk vicinity has the characteristics of plateau and there is a small Obruk Lake near the village of Obruk. As the factors that enable tourism to stay alive every season; the followings are of great importance: Mevlânâ Museum which is frequented by local and foreign tourists, the tomb of Shams Tabrizi, Mevlânâ’s friend who contributed to Mevlana’s development a lot, and handicrafts such as weaving, hand works, spoon making and rug weaving in Obruk vicinity.
  • Date
    Kulu was built on the ruins of (drya) in classical times. The county has a history of 300 years. In 1780, Kulupoğlu Mustafa came from Afyon and settled where Kulu is now located. Due to the fact that the tribal chief was named Kulupoğlu Mustafa (Kulu Beyi), so was named the district. Kulu became a town in 1926, and a district in 1954. Kulu district is surrounded by Ş. Koçhisar to the east, Cihanbeyli-Haymana to the west, Ankara and Haymana to the north, Cihanbeyli and Tuzgölü to the south. The Ottomans settled Kulupoğlu Mustafa and his tribe as well as households from Erzurum, Muş ve Ağrı around this district. In addition, the people from Crimea and Turkestan were also settled in villages and towns of the district. Kulu district is on Ankara-Konya road and the E-5 highway passes through the district borders. "Duden Lake" in the eastern part of the district, which has 180 species of birds, brings vitality to the city. In addition, the area where the lake is located is one of the rare places of Turkey in terms of hunting. There are many caves in Karacadağ town.
  • Date
    "MERAM" which means "purpose, demand, aim, objective" is one of the three central districts of Konya. It is used in proverbs as in" Meramın elinden bir şey kurtulmaz (Meram is the strongest medicine)", or in idioms as "Meramını anlatmak, merak etmek (to express one’s problem)". Evliya Chalabi, while talking about the gardens and orchards, uses the expression "Bağ-ı Meram" in his Seyahatname. He even compares these to Konya’s Meram. “Baruthane gardens of Pechevi, the Sudak orchard of Crimea, more than seventy-five hundred gardens and rosaries of Istanbul, the Shah-i Jihanbagh of Tabriz are worth nothing in comparison with Meram’s garden.” There is parallelism between the history of Konya and Meram. In history, Konya was ruled by Hittites, Phrygians, Lydians and Persians. Konya, seized by Alexander the Great and the Romans, became the capital of the Seljuks. Then, in Konya, the Karamanid rule was followed by the Ottoman sovereignty. The Meram District was established on 26.06.1987 by the law approved by the Turkish Parliament which elevated Konya to the status of metropolis. After completing the foundation works, Meram district started to exist as of August 08, 1988. Meram is located in the south and south west of Konya. It is surrounded by Selçuklu to the north; Çumra, Akören and Bozkir to the south, Beysehir and Seydisehir to the west and Karatay to the east. The north and west of the town are surrounded by mountains and hills, and the south is wide open plains. The irrigation water need of the district is provided from Altınapa Dam. Meram Vineyards: It is a famous recreation area 8 km from Konya city center and near Meram watercourse. There are Hasbeyoğlu Mosque, Bath and Dar'ülhuffaz (Health complex) and Tavusbaba tomb from the Seljuk period in Meram. Kızılviran Inn: It is on Konya-Beysehir highway and it is 44 km. from the provincial center. An inn with winter and summer sections. Çayırbağı. Dere, Dutlukırı and Ordu Çeşmesi, Hatip, Gökyurt Villages (Gilistra) are among the places frequented by local and foreign tourists with its water, nature and air. Yemin Forest: Yamin Forest, which is the result of the afforestation works carried out during the Republican Period on the hill where the Tavusbaba tomb is located, has picnic places and 2 separate recreation facilities. Archaeological Museum: Artifacts from the Neolithic, Early Bronze, Hittite, Phrygian, Greek, Roman and Byzantine periods are exhibited in the Archaeological Museum opened in 1962. There are artifacts found in the excavations at Çatalhüyük, Canhasan, Erbaa Sızma, Karahuyuk and Alaeddin Hill exhibited in Archaeological Museum which is located next to the Sahipata Camii. Atatürk Museum: Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk's house which he honored during his visit to Konya was given as a present to him in 1928. In this house turned into a museum in 1964, Ataturk's clothes, special items, photographs and documents are shown. Sırçalı Madrasah Museum: It is in Gazialemşah quarter. It is a beautiful example of Madrasah with a yard. Bedrettin Muslik built it in 1242 for teaching Fiqh.
  • Date
    It is known that Hittites lived about 4000 years ago in Sarayönü settlement area. It was later controlled by the Phrygians and Byzantines. During the Seljuk and Ottomans times, it gained the character of "Turkish Homeland". According to the historical information about its founding, two townspeople from Saiteli, which is located in the south west of Sarayönü, and Bozok (Öziçi), which is located at the foot of the Ladik Mountains to the south, wanted to escape the looting by Crusaders as the towns were on their roads. For this reason, they emigrated to the present Yukarı Mahalle which has many caves. Those who migrated from the towns and settled in the caves became pioneers in the establishment of Sarayönü. It is thought that these caves, which are called Tolabasi, were used as shelters and houses at that time. The name of the districted is linked to these caves. This district was named SARAYİNİ as the caves were likened to a palace because of their size, comfort, and convenience. This name has gradually changed to "Sarayönü". It is bordered by Cihanbeyli to the north, Kadınhan to the west, Seljuk to the east, and Ladik Mountains to the south. In this region, a simplicity in terms of surface features is observed. The district lands are on the plains in the southern extension of the Cihanbeyli Plateau. The district is surrounded by Sultan Mountains and Ladik Mountains to the south. Ladik type carpets constitute the important income of the people, especially in Ladik Town, center of Sarayönü and other villages..
  • Date
    In the excavations carried out in 1970, remains of Roman ancient theatre near Bostandere were found. It is estimated that Seydisehir was established in about 1310 as Horasanlı Seyit Harun Veli came and settled here. The Eşrefoğulları Principality, which was located in Beyşehir, continued its life until the 1327 Mongol invasion, , as part of the Anatolian Seljuk State controlling the Seydisehir region. Seyit Harun Veli came from Khorasan to Konya and then to the present town of Ortakaraören (Karaviran) and then moved to the location where the Seydisehir district is located according to the information in the Ottoman chronicles about the founding of Seydisehir. At this time, when there was no settlemet in Seydişehir, Seyit Harun Veli first built wall around the settlement area to start the construction of the Kal'a (Castle Wall) gates of the city that he had planned to erect; and then started to build Seyit Harun Mosque. It was opened in 1310. This mosque was built as a complex with a hammam and other extensions. The complex includes the tomb of Seyit Harun (1320) and Caliph Sultan (daughter of Seyit Harun Veli) (1367), the tombs of Rüstem Bey and Sultan Hatun (Rüstem Bey, daughter and sons from Turgutoğulları house). Seydisehir is 85 km away from Konya. Seydisehir is surrounded by Konya and Çumra to the east, Bozkir and Akseki to the south and Beyşehir to the north. Mount Küpe, which stretches from the western part of Seydisehir to the south, continues under the name Giden Gelmez Mount where there are rich bauxite deposits. The land stretching to Suğla Lake from north-east to south-east is plain. The climate has the characteristics of transition from continental climate to Mediterranean. Seydisehir District is established on the foot of Mount Küpe. The height of the Mount Küpe, which surrounds the western and south-western part of the city, reaches 2551 m. The southern mountains belong to the Taurus. Earrings There are many springs at the foot of Mount Küpe. In addition, the Pınarbaşı, Kuğulu and Beldibi Ponds in the city are the natural reservoirs that collect their water from the springs on the Mount Küpe. While it was possible to go from Konya to Beysehir in the past, a connection has been established to all parts of Turkey with the newly opened Konya-Antalya highway. At present, the district is 85 km from Konya, 208 km from Antalya, and 135 km from Manavgat. Touristic Places: Tınaztepe Cave is a remarkable sightseeing place because it has natural water resources and is a very old settlement. Although the excavations have not started until now, the remains of antique settlements are still very interesting with their virginity. The natural beauties of the Taurus Mountains, the highlands, the hunting grounds, can pay the attention of local and international tourism. The only place in Seydisehir that has thermal features is Ilıca. Pınarbaşı and Kuğulu are also important as natural water resources. It is believed that the hot springs on Ilıca Hill dates back to ancient times. The hot springs which are believed to cure skins, bones, open scars and gynecological diseases serve with one open and three covered pools. Tınaztepe Cave is a natural wonder on Konya-Seydişehir and Antalya road (Tourism Road). Among the most important sightseeing places are Seyit Harun Mosque and Tomb, Muhammed Kuddusi Tomb, Hacı Abdullah Efendi Tomb, Seydişehir Castle, Halife Sultan Tomb, Rüstem Bey and Sultan Hatun Tomb, Roman town, Arastepe Roman town, Eziktepe, Hittite town, Church walls, (Ketenli town) , Akçalar Mound, Karabulak Church walls, Ilıca Thermal Complex, Vasata Antique Theater, Tınaztepe-Güvercinlik-Fevzine caves, Underground Lakes, ruins of Vervelit, ruins of Arnava, historical fountains, Ilıca, Pınarbaşı, Kuğulu, Mamanda, Gözpınar, Çaybaşı, Beldibi and İçerikışla. Wild animals such as wild boar, wild goat, rabbit and partridge shelter in the Taurus Mountains stretching to the south of the district. Controlled hunting tourism is permitted in Bulamaç Kazanı, Elmasut highland, Keçili village, Mortaş, Susuzşahap highland, Gölyeri vicinity, Karakışla highland, Alacabel, Çataloluk Fountain, Elmalı highland, Mount Giden gelmez, which have been specified as “Preservation Fields for Wild Animals and Wildlife".
  • Date
    Selçuklu's historical background, culture, art, education, science and military life can not be separated from Konya. Selçuklu, the synthesis of historical and modern Konya was the capital of the Anatolian Seljuks, educated Sultans in itself and it has a decent history, which guided and nurtured the Ottoman Empire, which would last for 6 centuries. A number of etymological explanations are made about Selçuk, a word which was used for numerous states and the Seljuk Empire between 9th and 14th centuries. According to historian Osman Turan, its origin is not "Selçuk" but "Salçuk". Old Turks use words such as "Saltuk, Salpur, Salur ..." with prefix "Sal". Hereby, he specifies that "Salçuk" is the original word. Selçuk means "Little flood". "Selçuk" and "Selcük" are words complying with Turkish vowel harmony. Besides the morphology, Selçuk is the name of a Kınık Bey who separated from the Oguz State (Yabguluk) and became a Ghazi of Islam. The name of Selçuk Bey, who died when he was a hundred years old, is the name of the state that declared independence during the reign of his grandchildren. This state is the Great Seljuks or the Seljuk Empire. This state, which ruled the ancient world from Turkestan to Anatolia, did not disappear without leaving sprouts. One of the first sprouts it left behind was the Anatolian Seljuk State. The Anatolian gates opened by Alp Arslan Gazi, and the Great Seljuks were made a homeland by Anatolian Seljuks. Konya is located on a plain, once the base of a lake. Takkeli and Loras Mountains rise to the west. The most important stream is the Meram Stream which springs from Meram Watercourse and irrigates the Konya vineyards and gardens in the summer, and pours to the Aslım swamp in the east in winter.
  • Date
    Taşkent is a small but charming district located on the Göksu Valley canyons in the Plateau of Middle Taurus. The Turkmens, whose majority consisted of Avsars, settled in Tashkent between 1225 and 1250. It is known that the towns of Avşar, Balcilar, Bolay and Çetmi, which are located near Tashkent, were founded by the Turkmen who came here as nomadic people, and then they became sedentary. The historical documents confirm that Tashkent district center is the oldest settlement in the region. Known as "Pirlerkondu" in the history, the center was named Taşkent by the Governor İzzet Bey in 1930. It was made a district in accordance with the Law No. 3392 which was published in the Official Gazette dated 4 July 1987 and numbered 19507. The Law was implemented on August 11, 1988. Taşkent is 135 km south of Konya and 100 km away from the Mediterranean coast. It is located in the Mediterranean region. However, it is possible to see the characteristics of Mediterranean climate and the continental one together due to the fact that it is located in the Middle Taurus Mountains, Taşeli regions, where the altitude is high. Seyit Harun Veli came from Khorasan to Konya and then to the present town of Ortakaraören (Karaviran) and then moved to the location where the Seydisehir district is located according to the information in the Ottoman chronicles about the founding of Seydisehir. At this time, when there was no settlement in Seydişehir, Seyit Harun Veli first built wall around the settlement area to start the construction of the Kal'a (Castle Wall) gates of the city that he had planned to erect; and then started to build Seyit Harun Mosque. It was opened in 1310. This mosque was built as a complex with a hammam and other extensions. The complex includes the tomb of Seyit Harun (1320) and Caliph Sultan (daughter of Seyit Harun Veli) (1367), the tombs of Rüstem Bey and Sultan Hatun (Rüstem Bey, daughter and sons from Turgutoğulları house). Seydisehir is 85 km away from Konya. Seydisehir is surrounded by Konya and Çumra to the east, Bozkir and Akseki to the south and Beyşehir to the north. Mount Küpe, which stretches from the western part of Seydisehir to the south, continues under the name Giden Gelmez Mountain where there are rich bauxite deposits. The land stretching to Suğla Lake from north-east to south-east is plain. The climate has the characteristics of transition from continental climate to Mediterranean. Seydisehir District is established on the foot of Mount Küpe. The height of the Mount Küpe, which surrounds the western and south-western part of the city, reaches 2551 m. The southern mountains belong to the Taurus. Earrings There are many springs at the foot of Mount Küpe. In addition, the Pınarbaşı, Kuğulu and Beldibi Ponds in the city are the natural reservoirs that collect their water from the springs on the Mount Küpe. While it was possible to go from Konya to Beysehir in the past, a connection has been established to all parts of Turkey with the newly opened Konya-Antalya highway. At present, the district is 85 km from Konya, 208 km from Antalya, and 135 km from Manavgat. Touristic Places: Tınaztepe Cave is a remarkable sightseeing place because it has natural water resources and is a very old settlement. Although the excavations have not started until now, the remains of antique settlements are still very interesting with their virginity. The natural beauties of the Taurus Mountains, the highlands, the hunting grounds, can pay the attention of local and international tourism. The only place in Seydisehir that has thermal features is Ilıca. Pınarbaşı and Kuğulu are also important as natural water resources. It is believed that the hotsprings on Ilıca Hill dates back to ancient times. The hot springs which are believed to cure skins, bones, open scars and gynecological diseases serve with one open and three covered pools. Tınaztepe Cave is a natural wonder on Konya-Seydişehir and Antalya road (Tourism Road). Among the most important sightseeing places are Seyit Harun Mosque and Tomb, Muhammed Kuddusi Tomb, Hacı Abdullah Efendi Tomb, Seydişehir Castle, Halife Sultan Tomb, Rüstem Bey and Sultan Hatun Tomb, Roman town, Arastepe Roman town, Eziktepe, Hittite town, Church walls, (Ketenli town) , Akçalar Mound, Karabulak Church walls, Ilıca Thermal Complex, Vasata Antique Theater, Tınaztepe-Güvercinlik-Fevzine caves, Underground Lakes, ruins of Vervelit, ruins of Arnava, historical fountains, Ilıca, Pınarbaşı, Kuğulu, Mamanda, Gözpınar, Çaybaşı, Beldibi and İçerikışla. Wild animals such as wild boar, wild goat, rabbit and partridge shelter in the Taurus Mountains stretching to the south of the district. Controlled hunting tourism is permitted in Bulamaç Kazanı, Elmasut highland, Keçili village, Mortaş, Susuzşahap highland, Gölyeri vicinity, Karakışla highland, Alacabel, Çataloluk Fountain, Elmalı highland, Mount Giden gelmez, which have been specified as “Preservation Fields for Wild Animals and Wildlife".
  • Date
    In İbrahim Hakkı Konyalı's book titled "Konya İli" it is stated that that Tuzlukçu was established as a 15 household oba (nomad unit) in the Kanuni period. It is understood that the people of Tuzlukçu came from Doğanhisar Ketenli highlands and settled in viran or ören Tuzlukçu in the vicinity of Yazla. Then, they migrated from here for unknown reasons and settled around the hills presently called Hüyük. A second group from Avshar Turkmen, who lived around Sultandağı, dealing with livestock husbandry, came to Tuzlukçu, and around 1450, this group settled around the present Aşağı Mahalle. There are various narratives about the origin of the district. One says that this area was called Tuzlukçu as it was a transit city for caravans traveling to and from the Salt Lake to bring salt. Another says that this area was names Tuzlukçu as the land is arid and without trees and it is also very dusty due to the strong winds. Over time, the name Tozlukçu changed to Tuzlukçu. Tuzlukçu, which was a village in Aksehir district in the first years of the Republic, became a town in 1929 with the merge of lower and higher Tuzlukçu. A municipal organization was established in 1949, as its population exceeded 2000, and it became a district on May 9, 1990. It is surrounded by Ilgın to the east, Akşehir Lake and the Sultandağı district of Afyon to the west, Akşehir to the south and Yunak to the north. There are no rivers in the district, but some villages have very small streams. Tuzlukçu is mostly steppe and greenery is rare. The villages of immigrants are relatively greener.
  • Date
    While it was a town of Bozkir District, it became a district in 1990. It has a common history with Konya and surrounding districts. It is known that about 200 years ago there happened a landslide and so it was moved near Suğla Lake. It is stated in the selection of the new settlement that the area of ​​Suğla Lake narrowed and the people aimed to benefit more from the lake. Hüyük (Mould) and its surroundings in the district center are closed to construction because it was declared archaeological site. No archaeological researches and excavations have been carried out in Hüyük until today, so no information to be a source for the history of the district could be reached. Yalıhüyük, which is bordered by Seyidisehir to the north, Ahirli to the south, Akseki to the west, and Bozkir to the east, is established on a lowland. The life in Yalihüyük, which is located right next to Lake Suğla, continues with agricultural activities carried out in fertile land that has emerged after the withdrawal of lake waters. The Gölcük highland in the Taurus Mountains, located on the south-west of Yalıhüyük, is used as a center for transhumance every year. The municipal organization in the district center was established in 1972.
  • Date
    Yunak is a city settled by many civilizations. King Road of the Lydian state (Road of Gold) passes through Yunak. The road remains in Ballıhisar of Sivrihisar give information about the King Road. It is understood from the findings today that Yunak and its surroundings were covered in the forests and viniculture was widespread. There are various views about the origins of the name Yunak. One of these is the word "Yunak (Washing)", which describes the wishes of those washing clothes and their animals at the Karataş stream. According to the second view, the Turgutlular cleaned their sheep and lambs in Karataş stream and said "Yünü Ak" by looking at the cleaned animals. This changed into "Yunak" in time. Until 1912, Yunak was a part of Çeltik, but then it became part of Hatırlı. Upon the transfer of the district center to Cihanbeyli, Yunak became a part Akşehir, gained the status of budjak, and later district in 1953. The district is located on the north-west of Konya. It is surrounded by Cihanbeyli to the east, Emirdağ and Sultandağı to the west, Ilgin, Kadınhan, Sarayönü to the south, Tuzlukçu to the southwest, Polatlı, Haymana and Çeltik to the north. Among the sightseeing places of the district are, in the district center, caves, shelters and remains of fortifications, Turgut Town Miskamit city ruins, castle ruins in the village of Harunlar, fortress and city ruins in Hursunlu village, Taşkınlar highland, Pissiya city ruins in Samıt and Kapaklı of Piribeyli town, stacked mound and ruins of sarcophagus in Malçıskan and church and city ruins of Karagöz Ağılı.